Welcome to Dori's mostly clay-related ramblings. Questions, comments and verbal abuses to be left behind the door (i.e. below the posts).

2013/03/30

Veneers and canes

I think I got it! Or at least I'm getting there. My new African/tribal inspired pieces I've been waiting to be born for so long :)). I was browsing through my "veneers" and sheets and I found this:


And this:



And here you go:


Honestly, I don't like it at all. Or maybe I'll just need to get used to it?

I really like this one, however (the brown-cream one):



And some miscellanea:



Some random canes I've made lately:


And some before and after photos (before adding mica):




6 comments:

  1. I love your stuff Dori! How do you make canes? is it fun? I always want to make one (i get very excited watching videos of mini fruit on youtube ;)) but I never get round to it ;)

    my favourite is the green-turquoisy necklace thing with plants (or something)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you all :) I'm quite happy with them myself. But Zina, please don't ask me when any of this will be finished :P

    Zyzz - it is not difficult to make canes at all, but I'm very impatient when it comes to canes, as I tend not to mix enough colors and then I have to remix and remix and then I just lose my interest... :S I guess it also comes from the fact that I hate "waste", although this is not waste at all, really. Anyway, if you're interested, I can help you, and there are so many videos and tutorials out there. These canes are just simple bulls-eye canes combined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the brown/cream one as well - funky tribal pattern! I also thought about adding some African inspired pieces to the shop but didn't get around it yet. As always - so many ideas, so little time, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... You are growing Dori.... Each new piece is amazing ART!!!!!!!!!Love them all, brown and green, all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...