Welcome to Dori's mostly clay-related ramblings. Questions, comments and verbal abuses to be left behind the door (i.e. below the posts).

2013/01/11

Liebster Award

My friend, Helena nominated me for the Liebster Award. The idea is that bloggers nominate their favorite blogs for this award but the nominees need to be "small" blogs, that is blogs with no more than 200 followers. The rules are simple: you need to list 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you, write your own 11 questions and then nominate 11 bloggers to spread the love. Why 11? Don't ask me... :D

Let's get started.


11 Facts About Me



1. I always find it very difficult when I have to collect random facts about myself :P Seriously though, I remember in elementary school everyone used to have these books where you would ask people to write their favorite this and favorite that in them and I never had any idea what to write. Everyone else seemed to know themselves really well and I felt pretty bad thinking something must be wrong with me...until much later when I realized how awesome it is to live in constant, glorious self-oblivion... :D

2. I love to talk - in case you haven't guessed already........

3. I also think a lot, and my thoughts tend to never come alone but bring their friends with them to party in my head. It usually quickly escalates into drunken revelry...

4. I also like ellipses (not only in writing) and unfinished sentences. And exaggeration. I positively loooooove exaggeration! :D

5. I'm getting fed up with talking about myself... :D

6. I also like to listen, and sometimes I can be unusually quiet. Sometimes my mind is empty.

7. I should try to make this more random, right? Okay, here you go: I keep three elephant figurines on top of my TV and I have no idea when I'm going to collect all the necessary 7 (and I also don't remember what happens exactly when you have 7, but it is something positive). Well, that was my attempt at random anyway.

8. I am full of ideas. I have a storehouse chock-full of them and each time one idea disappears three new ones fill its place. It's like a weird magical place...

9. I used to keep a dream diary. I dream every night, several dreams each night, and I used to write them down occasionally with illustrations. Some of my dreams are so weird that I can't even begin to put them into words, and I can't even "transform" them into images - but I guess that is true of everyone's dreams. I also included a few dreams from others. I still have the book, maybe I could use it as inspiration! Which leads us to -

10.  I easily get overexcited by a thought and want to share it with everyone, whether they are interested or not. I've been much better at restraining myself lately though...

11. I often embarrass myself. Not always intentionally... ;)

11 questions from Helena

 

1. Cooker or baker?

Definitely a baker, although I love to cook as well.

2. Cat or Dog person? Why?

Dog person without question. Oh, don't even get me started... :D First of all, cats are scary evil creatures with sharp teeth and claws. Just last night I had a bad dream involving several of them (sorry to all cat lovers out there, including many of my friends). Secondly, I just LOVE dogs. They are so loving and loyal, they are furry, they can be petted and massaged and their ears gently twisted, you can play with them, you can communicate with them, and they love you unconditionally. Their eyes will make your heart melt - cats have scary eyes. I love shaggy dogs especially, the bigger the better. They have big hearts. And most importantly - they're always excited and they can wag their tail! I should have been born into the body of a dog... :D

3. What´s your profession?

I'm a teacher. I teach English as a foreign language to adults.

4. What your favorite season?

I guess it is the fall, but I like all seasons.

5. Countryside or beach?

I don't like beaches much. Looking out at the open sea depresses me. I like to look at mountains or look down from mountains. Hills do as well :)

6. List the countries you have been.

I haven't been to as many places as I would like. Yet. :P I've been to a few places in Europe, mainly neighboring countries, like Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Greece, Macedonia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and to the Uk, France, the US and Egypt.

7. Favorite hobby.

Umm - I don't know. I don't think I have a favorite. I'm not a favorite person. I always like best the things I'm doing at the time. So right now it is polymer clay and baking. But I also love to play with fabric. And yarn. And paint. And....

8. Favorite artist (musician, actor, crafter,...)

Ugh, it's a very tough question because I don't have favorites and I can never remember names, titles, band names and anything of the kind... What pops to mind right now, but only because we talked about it recently is Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

9. Favorite book

See above :D. Actually, I love to read, and I like almost everything I read. I'm a big classics fan, but I'm not nearly as well-read as many others. I just like to read whatever interests me. But it has to be good! I prefer fiction but I also like non-fiction. For instance right now I'm reading a book on the history of private life, and it's totally fascinating. I'm actually rereading it, having started it again right after I finished. Because I enjoyed it so much. :)

10. Why do you blog?

I started blogging because I was told to and I'm easily lead (sometimes) :D. Well, actually I did a short online course for online marketing (can you be more meta than that?) and one of their tips was to start a blog. And I thought - why not? :) I'm not the most consistent of bloggers, as is easy to see, but I like it so far.

11. Where do you find your inspiration?

Everywhere. Unfortunately (it is a curse, trust me, and I think if you do the same as me you know this full well...) everywhere I look I find something that gives me ideas. So I am full of ideas and I know I will never be able to realize them all. Not that they should be, but still, it's painful :D. 
Often when I look at a part of the tram as I travel it gives me ideas for shapes and patterns. Or a part of the decor in a building. But the weirdest is when an idea comes from seemingly nowhere (of course it doesn't really, but you know what I mean) - I wake up in the middle of the night, or I'm talking to someone, or I'm doing something completely unrelated, and bam, there's a sudden flash. It is almost like a revelation, as though there was a secret, transcendental place where ideas were kept in store for each person and they would be suddenly illuminated for them for a few seconds, and if they are alert enough, they can grasp a few each time... Occasionally I will get up in the middle of the night to jot down a few things - this can also be teaching related. But of course other people's works also inspire me a lot as well as fashion (although I don't know the first thing about it really).

My questions

 


1. How do you get on with your neighbors (if you have any)?

2. Favorite color and why (if you have a reason)?

3. Do you need glasses?

4. How organized are you?

5. Big group of people or a few very close friends?

6. Your favorite language (doesn't matter whether you speak it or not)

7. Do you think sewing is a feminine craft/occupation?

8. Half full, half empty? Or?

9. Do you easily start things or easily finish things? Especially art or craft related things and projects.

10. Coffee or tea?

11. Do you know any dances? Can you dance them?

My nominees are:  

 

http://sweetbaydaily.blogspot.hu/
http://www.efzin-creations.blogspot.gr/
http://biscuitcuit.blogspot.hu/
https://katlix.wordpress.com/
http://bijubrill.blogspot.hu/
http://ceraminic.blogspot.hu/
http://zyzanna.blogspot.co.uk/
http://fishesmakewishes.blogspot.hu/
http://theforestgirl.blogspot.hu/
http://aplusdesignnn.blogspot.hu/
http://sofiasobeide.blogspot.hu


Thanks a lot Helena :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award, Dori! :D
    I LOVED reading the things about you, and I recognized myself in SO many of them!!! Now I must check your sign, because you sound kind of "related", and I'm a Libra :) You must be an Air sign, or have strong Air influence in your chart.
    Hehe I'm one of those crazy cat ladies, but don't worry... I love doggies too! But I feel more similar and related to cats psychologically. At least we are not "twins" LOL! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna :). Well, I'm interested in what you find out about my sign.... :D And then we can have a discussion about it :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun thank you Dor (like gold in French)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it.
    You are amazing girl.

    Big hug and thanks for answering.

    Kiss
    Helena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...