Welcome to Dori's mostly clay-related ramblings. Questions, comments and verbal abuses to be left behind the door (i.e. below the posts).

2012/05/21

In the baking - photos of items in progress

How to make a creature? Part one (Click for part 2)

First I mix the colors, using my pasta machine.




 Here are the colors I'm finally satisfied with (after several runs in the machine):



Next, I make a Skinner blend:


Then I take a clump of scrap clay and shape it into the shape I'd like in the end:




Now comes the tricky part: wrapping the sheet of clay around the "base", and then smoothing it out:


Yay! It's beginning to take shape! Now on with the texturing. I use the "wrong" end of crocheting needles:





Almost there:

 

Et voila! We got ourselves a creature!


Now into the oven it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...